2. Choose a favorite book character, and make a Christmas wishlist from his or her point of view.
3. Take the last line of your favorite Christmas carol and use it as the first line of a poem.
4. Write haiku poems based on the gifts in “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”
5. Imagine yourself at age 10. Then write a letter to the 10-year-old you explaining why celebrating Christmas is important.
6. Create a detailed character description for someone named Hermione Christmas.
7. Write about how this picture makes you feel.
9. Choose the most challenging thing about the holidays and write about it.
10. Write a 500-word piece beginning with: If I had the power to change Christmas, I would….
Do you have a holiday writing prompt? Add it in the Comments section.
Available for Christmas at your favorite bookstore, or order online: