The holiday season is almost here, and you know what that means: it’s time to start your Christmas list. So, here are my top ten gift picks for writers.
- For the grammarian, there’s this “Down with They!” button from Cafe Press? Also, while on their site search “gifts for writers.” You will find thousands (yes, thousands!) of ideas.
- Also from Cafe Press, this roomy tote with a message:
If you like the design, but not on a tote, don’t worry: You’ll find it on shirts, buttons, clocks, pajamas, golf balls and more.
- Do you get your best writing ideas in the shower and then forget about them? You need Aqua Notes, the waterproof shower notepad!
- And if you wake in the night with a great plot idea, but don’t want to turn on the light and wake your spouse—there’s the light-up Pilot Pen.
And here’s the Space Pen, the only pen that will write for you in virtually any environment, any surface…even under water and yes….even in outer space! Oh, the possibilities!
- Jewelry is always nice. How about these cute earrings?
Or this humorous literary-quote brooch?
- Maybe you enjoy a spot of tea when you write. Although a bit pricey, this typewriter teapot is adorable.
- And there are dolls! Uneek Dolls offers a series of dolls: famous authors, literary characters, storybook characters and more. Spend time browsing. There’s plenty to see here.
Or maybe you’d like a Charles Dickens bobblehead?
- This gift idea is my favorite. It’s the BookBook iPhone case from Twelve South, a phone case and a wallet combined. And it also comes as a case for the iPad and MacBook.
- I like this one, too. The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide To Character Expression. It highlights 75 emotions and lists the possible body language cues, thoughts, and visceral responses for each.
10. And last—the most valuable gift of all—the gift of time. Author/Illustrator, Debbie Ridpath Ohi provides a free, printable gift certificate which entitles the recipient to a gift of time spent writing. What busy author wouldn’t appreciate one of these!
So, there you have it, ten unique gift ideas for writers. Which is your favorite? Leave a comment. You never know, Santa might be lurking.
*NOTE: Any ads appearing in this post were not put there by me nor do I endorse them. WordPress sometimes posts ads in exchange for hosting this free blog.